… but he doesn’t know what kind of haircut to get, so he asked me to crowdsource some ideas! For reference, Matt on the left is a pretty good indicator of what his hair looks like freshly cut (this was on our honeymoon). Matt on the right is what he looks like now (except maybe slightly less weird — this was taken while he was revving the motorcycle).
The short hair is his standard haircut that the hairdressers here give him. He’s wondering now if he can keep the length but do something that actually looks styled rather than ‘I haven’t cut my hair in over six months’. His biggest concerns are:
- he has a strong widows peak hairline
- his hair is very straight and relatively fine — it doesn’t have any cowlicks or much texture
- he’s not the type to spend 20 minutes on his hair, though he is willing to use some product to get it into shape
- through the warm months he rides his motorcycle and thus wears a full-face helmet over his hair
- he wants something to go with his style (which is casual — t-shirts, jeans, hoodies, shorts, button-down shirts)
- he is considering something retro-ish like a pompadour (hopefully more James Dean than Elvis)
I decided to run him through some online makeover sites but the first one I used only had women’s hairstyles so the results were freaking hilarious (and he let me post them):
The bottom left? Definitely Wolverine. Then I tried a site that actually had men’s haircuts but I couldn’t resist trying out a few Bieber styles:
Okay, the middle one is from the first site, and he looks like Bob Ross (happy little trees!). I kinda think the middle left isn’t that bad, though he does have the widows peak to contend with. But wait, there’s more…
He should have never agreed to let me do this. Obviously I’m terrible at men’s hairstyles — do any of you have suggestions for him? If not, he said he’s growing his hair out until he gets a Charlie Manson comment at which point he’ll cut it off. He also threatened to use clippers on himself, so consider this an SOS.